BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

a pound at a time...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 2 day 2: Not yo nachos!

A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. I am really too tired to post tonight; I've been pretty draggy lately alhamdulillah. I have some muscle weakness and other issues related to my transplant/medications/kidney function so some days (or weeks) are better than others. All the more reason for me to lose this weigh!

I did well today; I dipped into 3 of my weekly points but that's not a problem. I made homemade halal nachos tonight and they were YUM. Ground beef, refried beans, mashed avocado, lettuce, tomato, light sour cream (Daisy of course!) and a cheese-salsa combo. I just measured out exactly what I knew I could have. Alhamdulillah I've cooked for years so I can accurately eyeball 1/4 cup or 3 oz, etc. I set up my plate and that was that. I ate til satisfied not stuffed and feel better for it!

Still struggling with my breakfasts though; I think I just need to find a solution and stick with it! Insha'Allah it'll all work out in the end. :-)

Overall I did fine today with the exception of no exercise. Alhamdulillah. I just feel too exhausted and I refuse to push myself too hard. One days I feel good, I'll go for it, otherwise just watch my eating and insha'allah as I drop the weight I'll get more active and more energy. That's the plan!

Oh I thought I would list a few things that really suck about being fat. Some are funny, some are serious but it's all with good intentions.

1. I hate having a waist circumference that is close to my heighth. lol

2. Bras in my size are EXPENSIVE!!! $35 is the norm. Ya Allah!

3. If another car parks too close to mine, it's embarassing have to squeeze through the opening. :-)

4. I hate having no energy; it takes most of what I got to drag this load around!

5. People judge you. OK fair enough, we ALL do that in one way or the other. But no one likes it.

6. Always afraid maybe the seat belt on the airline won't fit. Bad one. Alhamdulillah I am not like the misakeen people you see on tv specials but I'm round enough to be afraid. Verrrry afraid. LOL

7. I opted not to write this one. I'll address it on my other blog when I don't feel so sensitive about it.

8. Being worried your husband won't be attracted to you or AS attracted to you.

Alright that's enough. Of course there's more, like how difficult it can be to meet the hair-removal requirements of our religion when you're a chubster but I think that's 'nuff said. :-)

Insha'Allah see ya'll tomorrow. Ma salaama!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I know exactly what you mean, sister! Yummmmmm nachos :)