BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

a pound at a time...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 2

It's not about fashion, it's about faith! :-)


 
A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. Don't you love my catchy title? :-) I think it's just easier this way. So today was not too bad, I think I did pretty good although I do need to get some stuff out of the house to make way for healthier options. Of course, A always eats pretty healthy (you know the mediterranean diet minus wine) it's how he grew up: eating whole foods, lots of fish, olive oil, etc etc. I grew up eating biscuits and gravy, friend chicken, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw. lol Not really fair huh? Pretty sure I am genetically programmed to love butter and mayonnaise and white bread. LOL

Anyway on to my day. Here is a breakdown of what I ate:

Breakfast:

sm. whole wheat roll
one egg
2 turkey sausage links
8oz tea made with milk
Hmmm not too shabby eh?

Then I had a snack. One I didn't check the points on before partaking of. Ouch.

16 wheat thins (this is 1 serving)
1 oz cheddar cheese.

This baby set me back about 8 points!!!!! I was like what? So lesson learned: wheat thins yummy but not as nutritious as the "wheat" part makes you think! OK on to lunch.

Leftover marqa (still waiting to post this recipe on my other blog!) made with beef, carrots, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. YUM
romaine lettuce salad with cucumber, carrots, and 2 tbsp russian dressing.

OK looking better. The marqa is surprisingly low in points (non-starch veggies have no points) so it's a good healthy filling way to eat. Then came dinner and it was ok really but not great. A wasn't hungry so I made something the kids like. Equals prepackaged and fattening!

Homemade mac-n-cheese  with 3 cheeses and spinach
one turkey hotdog for added protein

I knew this would be a bad choice so I ate less. I also had a bit of fruit thru the day, 2 pieces. On WW fruit doesn't count towards your points; I guess the idea is you need these things and if you had to spend your points for them, what would most of us go for? A cheeseburger or a cauliflower? Yep you got it. :-)

Anyway I wanted to measure myself today but as of yet haven't dug out the tape measure. I'm kinda premenstrual and super tired (again!) so maybe tomorrow I can post. I have alot of ideas for posts running thru my head but no energy to write them. :-)

I'm looking forward to Monday and my weigh-in; I really hope I "do the team" proud. And thanks to all of ya'll who have already expressed an interest in my struggle. It does help to have accountability. Jazakum Allahu khair!!!

Oh I looked for a good before picture but guess what? I am the original floating head. Facebook shot, whatever you call it. I can't find one of my body or even many of my face from farther away because I LOOK HORRIBLE. I would delete them as soon as they popped up on my screen.

Insha'Allah I'll gather up the courage to also take a good before pic. Really I don't wanna do it but I know it will be a good thing for me. See I suffer from too much self-esteem. I like myself, really I do. I tend to think I am pretty and nice looking and yeah, I sometimes suffer under the delusion that I am hot. LOL Then I'll get a real glimpse of myself and to be honest, I'm shocked! I am always like, who is the fat girl in my clothes?? LOL

So my chores: find tape measure, jot em down, and take a very candid pic. Ewwwwww <shuddering> it ain't gonna be purty, ya'll! But you love me for the sake of Allah swt so it's all good. :-)

Ma salaama.....

0 comments: